Trent Eastgate (Australian Expat)
DHL - Country Commercial Director
This expat is at the beginning of their property journey. He currently has a small portfolio and was looking to add to this. As he is an expat living abroad he approached Milk Chocolate to help deliver their next investment. Being extremely time poor, they were leaning on our expertise to find a suitable investment property. He had no specific requirement on location, the property just needed to stick his investment goals.
Ascot Vale, VIC
About The Property:
2 Bed / 1 Bath / 1 car - 65m2
In a refurbished block of only eight, the first-floor apartment came complete with undercover parking space on title. Great natural light, spacious interior with two double bedrooms (both with BIRs), a stylish central bathroom with laundry facilities, open-plan lounge/dining area, contemporary-style kitchen and sunny north-facing balcony. Other features include carpets, dishwasher, split system heating/cooling, intercom/secure entry, immaculate garden surrounds and electric gated driveway. Positioned within a manicured garden block with all local amenities only minutes away including tram, train, Showgrounds shopping village, Highpoint shopping centre, Flemington racecourse, Maribyrnong river and only 4kms to Melbourne CBD.
• 1min walk to tram
• 4km to Melbourne CBD
• 1.5km to Maribyrnong river
• 3km (6min by car) to Highpoint shopping centre (4th largest shopping centre in Australia)
• 1min walk to shops and cafes
• Flemington racetrack 5mins away by car
• 1km walk (15min) to Ascot Vale train station
• 11mins to Melbourne CBD by train (5 stops)
• Wide tree lined street in amongst nice cottage style houses
• Many small free standing cottages in the street
• Street and area is seeing strong gentrification
$475,000 (2-bed median apartment price in Ascot Vale is $519,000)
• Detailed brief and confirmed requirements with a reverse brief to the client
• Macro research of the Australian market
• Identified key areas for growth and investment
• Presented research findings and suburb due-diligence on clients bespoke website with our recommendations
• Commenced search and viewed properties on behalf of our client
• Presented recommended properties on clients bespoke website with the key information; cash flow analysis, supporting data
• Negotiated the purchase price
• Took on Power of Attorney for our client - creating a seamless and stress-free transaction
• Liaised with the client's solicitor and mortgage broker on the transaction
• Provided three options for a property manager
• Viewed and selected the most appropriate tenant application
“Milk Chocolate is 10/10, we couldn’t have been happier with their service. As an overseas investor to be able to give you power of attorney was a lifesaver. All the previous challenges we encountered purchasing other properties back in Australia were eradicated using Milk Chocolate. We were so happy with the forms of communication and didn’t have any concerns engaging Milk Chocolate.
The biggest surprise for us was, from detailing out the initial brief, the subsequent timings and communication were impeccable. From the response, presentation of potential properties including local area research and local house prices, to the selection of properties, to the negotiation of sale, to settlement – Milk Chocolate provided the full solution, headache free.
Compared to your competitors we found your service to be a great deal better, there is absolutely nothing we would suggest to improve your offering and we have no hesitation in referring you to friends.”