David and Catherine
David & Catherine are looking to build a portfolio towards a retirement goal. We are working alongside their financial planner to build and implement a purchasing strategy to help achieve their goals. The first purchase in this strategy is a property located in a high growth area. In terms of the property cycle, it will be in the early stages of the growth cycle with plenty of uplift in the next two-three years initially. The strategy of the purchase is to add value by way of a cosmetic renovation.
About The Property:
3 Bed / 1 Bath / 2 Car - 597sqm
A really pleasant and stunning home when sighted on approach. It's a corner block with a presence. It's a home that on approach, just puts a gentle smile on the face. Packed full of those Queenslander characteristics we love, it provides the character we're chasing. The corner of the property looks back at the mountains to the west with a really nice sunset. A really solid home on a large block, it has been well kept and cared for.
• Packed full of Queenslander characteristics
• Good views from the block
• Potential to add a fourth bedroom
• Renovation Potential
• 14 minute walk to the nearest train station
• 7 minute drive to one of the largest shopping centres in Australia
• Detailed brief and confirmed requirements with a reverse brief to the client
• Commenced search and viewed properties on behalf of our client
• Presented recommended properties with the key information and cash flows
• Presented town planning advice and renovation costs per property
• Negotiated the purchase price on behalf of the client
• Liaised with the client's solicitor and mortgage broker on the transaction
• Undertook extensive building inspections
• Project managed the pre-tenant maintenance
• Are the managing agents for the property
Did we renovate:
Yes, we are creating a fourth bedroom and second bathroom to maximise the return on investment. The living, dining and kitchen area will also be opened up as this was previously disjointed and not very functional. The property also does not have an established entrance, so we are creating this along with an entrance hallway. Aesthetically, the internal and external of the property will be painted with the inclusion of a picket fence along the Northern and Western boundary. There will also be an established path from the street to the front door to accentuate the entry zone and create a homely feel. The kitchen is dated and will be resurfaced along with adding a European style laundry.