Read Time: 5 minutes
It’s a known fact, one of the most stressful things you will do in life is move. We get this, and as such, have created a service that makes moving homes (or countries) seamless - at the same time creating a beautiful future for you and your family.
There are three levels of service, each tailored to your needs. We are your eyes and ears on the ground, managing everything you can think of (and wouldn’t think of) throughout the moving process.
Our Moving Concierge team have been hand selected and are co-ordinated by your Milk Chocolate Project Manager so you still maintain one point of contact - allowing you to enjoy the process from a comfortable distance.
We stick to what we are good at, delivering great customer service and a beautiful experience. The heavy lifting (literally), are a team of movers we call upon for each project.
1. The whole box and dice
The bee’s knees of our Moving Concierge service, it covers everything you can think of and a whole lot more - here’s a full summary of what we’ll do for you:
- Supply a 6-week checklist to help prepare for the move
- Liaise with our team of local or international removalist suppliers and organise quotes (inc. customs clearance for expats returning home)
- Full supervision of the move (pack and unpack)
- Arrange quotes and oversee the commercial clean of your old and new homes (old home if in Australia)
- Organise utility & service transfers and mail redirection*
- Organise insurance quotes for new home and cars
- If you are an expat returning home we can organise the purchase of your new car(s)
- Arrange rubbish removal from your existing property (via the local council or private contractor, if in Australia)
- If you are currently leasing a property in Australia we will arrange the property inspection with your managing agent
- Organise locksmiths to replace locks at the new residence
- Organise quotations for gardeners, cleaners, pool cleaning and maintenance
- Organise new white good quotations, purchase, delivery and installation
- Fully stock the kitchen for your arrival
- Provide an interior design consultation for styling advice to prepare your existing house for sale (if in Australia)
- Community setup**
- Provide detailed suburb information.***
*The stuff you wouldn’t think of:
If you are currently living in Australia we can organise the change of address for the below. If you are an Australian expat moving home, we can organise for the change of address and connection of all new services, memberships etc.
- Australia Post (apply to have your mail redirected)
- Australian Electoral Commission
- ATO (tax returns, business licenses)
- Welfare (Centrelink, seniors card, veterans affairs etc.)
- Driving licences and car registrations
- Electricity & gas account
- Home & mobile phone
- Pay TV.
- Departments for driving licenses and car registrations
- Local library membership
- Council rates, registrations and memberships
- Store memberships and loyalty programs
- Superannuation memberships
- Health Insurance.
** Community Integration:
- Schooling/day care for children
- Sporting enrollments for children
- Gym/health club memberships.
*** The stuff you need to know about the area:
- Financial advisors & accountants
- Banks, credit cards and credit unions
- Entertainment & Eating
- Clubs, restaurants, cafes, bars, bakery
- Distance and routes to family and friends
- Legal services
- Required E-tags, tolls
- Local Vet
- Pet microchip registry
- General practitioner
- Personal trainer
- Local hospitals
We take care of information packages on schools, gyms, childcare, mothers groups, kids sporting organisations and social groups (according to our client's requirements).
If you are an Australian expat purchasing property in Australia and returning home, we arrange the appropriate visas, travel tickets, airport transfer, new bank accounts and credit card product information. We will also organise temporary accommodation if required.
2. Dipping your toes
We’re on hand to guide you through the moving process. Your Milk Chocolate Project Manager is the main point of contact for your movers and other professional service teams. This service covers:
- Supervision of the move
- Liaising with your appointed removalist and yourself to ensure the move runs smoothly
- Liaise with cleaning companies to arrange quotes and oversee the cleaning of your old and new home (old home if in Australia)
- Organise utilities and service transfer to your new address (as per the above list)
- Organise Australia Post mail redirection.
3. Holding your hand
Milk Chocolate is your eyes and ears on the ground. You arrange everything that you believe is necessary and we’ll be your trusted guardians to manage the process on your behalf. We can do as much or as little as you need.
The Key Benefits Of Milk Chocolate’s Moving Concierge Service
1. Your Project Manager will negotiate the best supplier costs; tightly manage the timeline and required actions, ensuring no budget blowouts. Putting money back in your wallet.
2. We take away the stress of finding the right suppliers for your requirements and handle the process from start to finish. Allowing you to enjoy what is an exciting new chapter in your life.
3. Making sure you don’t miss that wedding invitation, magazine subscription or the car registration. All your mail and services will be redirected to your new address. Keeping you on the pulse and allowing you to concentrate on more important things.
4. We ensure your gym membership is sorted, the kids are signed up to the local sports team and you know where to get the best coffee. Making you feel at home before you’ve even moved in.
To learn more about these services and talk further about our service costs, get in touch here.
Milk Chocolate was founded seven years ago by Richie Ragel and Michael Cleary, to purchase residential and commercial property in Australia on behalf of our clients, looking for a home or investment property. To see how we can help you get in touch here.
#onthehunt #milkchocproperty #propertyconcierge
If you like this post, we’d love it if you could share :)
Disclaimer: All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Milk Chocolate makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.